Friday, October 21, 2011

The Power of We!


     allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true"         src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=&station=wabc&section=&mediaId=8397843&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=">
I saw this clip on the news yesterday. It made me cry. It's so beautiful to see someone use their fame as a platform to sincerely care for and nurture struggling fellow beings. And Jon Bon Jovi is crediting his lovely wife for igniting this project..as well as the volunteers who passionately put their energy into this project to make it happen.  

It's so exciting to see people both being innovative with a tangible plan and doing their part to alleviate the suffering going on in our world right now.

As Jon Bon Jovi calls it....The Power of We is a very powerful action. I'm so thrilled to witness the whispers of hope that people are creating by taking situations into their own hands to create healthy change in the world. 

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I absolutely love this...it makes me want to get involved by opening one here in AZ. It sounds like it's working well in so many ways. Thanks for posting this. I'm passing it on...

TiCo said...

Isn't it inspiring? It certainly has me wondering how I can use my art to help people. I love your idea of opening one in AZ! I could see you adding your talents and gifts and wisdom to the place and making it an exciting place to be!