Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finding Your Peeps


Having supportive friends is like Heaven on Earth. This dear, supportive friend took
me to this Artomatic Exhibit/Peeps Show in D. C. for inspiration.

When one is committed to making their dreams manifest, one of the most important steps to take is to be true to yourself about who in your life is supporting what you are doing and who is not. There may be people you have in your life who doubt your success in your endeavors or who may even be projecting their own issues on your dream. Perhaps they react to your ideas with cynicism. When you ask about their cynical response, they may respond with "Wow...can't you take a joke? You take things too personally." Accepting responses like this or even allowing unsupportive people onto your path is like watering your freshly seeded garden with poison!


Dream manifestation is a fragile process. Keeping your path clear of people and situations that don't offer 100% support is begging for doubt and sabotage.

This was my lesson for 2009. From my ARTbundance coach training, I learned to pay attention to what my body and feelings were telling me about who and what I was accepting in my environment. And usually when you take such a huge and important step like this, the universe casts its vote, by sending you signs that you made the right choice. I urge you to take inventory on who and what's on your path, check in with your body wisdom, and keep the garden clear of the weeds that are feeding on the precious energy you need to turn your dreams into reality. Find your peeps who keep the journey a pleasant one. And may I take this opportunity to thank my wonderful friends (you know who you are) who have been so supportive on my current journey!
Some further reading on this subject... I highly recommend page 85 of this book (Eliminate Sabotage):

2 comments:

yogagurl said...

I have heard the adage…”Don’t judge a book by its cover!” However, reading the title of the book “Eliminate Sabotage,” I will purchase said book ASAP. The reason I’ll be purchasing E.S. is due to examples (“can’t you take a joke, you take things too personally”) given in blog; which I’ve personally heard all too often from peeps/supposed friendz, and extended family; which made me give thought to…something is ‘wrong’ with me for wanting to bring my dreams into manifestation – NOT!!! I’ve also, heard how crazy I am when being excited about a particular dream I am working towards manifesting – AGAIN NOT ~ THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ‘WRONG’ WITH DOING THE WORK NECESSARY, IN ORDER TO SEE YOUR DREAMS MANIFEST!!!
I have learnt: where there’s jealousy, there’s no love. Peeps I invite into my life that cannot, will not support, be happy, say an encouraging word toward me and my dreams, do not want the best for me and are projecting their own fears, doubts, and consciousness of lack unto me, and those peeps I release and let go as they do not serve my beautiful, creative spirit and me.

I totally agree: ‘Dream Manifestation is a fragile process and accepting examples stated above, and unsupportive people unto my path is like watering my freshly seeded Garden with poison.’ All that’s stated by blogger reminds me to remain true to who I am, knowing that I am a creative, spirited individual and the universe continues to guide and support all that I am destine to be.

All I ‘gotta’ to say to those ‘haters’ and unsupportive peeps is: Dreams and creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at ‘things’ in a different way ~ DON’T HATE ~ JUST APPRECAITE!!!
One♥
yg

TiCo said...

Wow, Ms Gurl!!!
Love your comments! I have to admit I didn't communicate properly. "Eliminate Sabotage" is the part of the book I was referring to on page 85. The book is called "Your Heart's Desire" by Sonia Choquette. I just mentioned the subtitle because that supported what I was writing about.
I am thrilled about how the universe has taken your life and totally aligned it to go to an even better place. Sonia Choquette also mentions that in this book...and I've had that belief before I read this...yet it was encouraging to hear it from her...she says when you lose something, replace it with something better. Kinda reframes loss.
Thanks again for your wonderful comment!
TT